add a picture and a link to related topic
The Best WW2 Books of 2023
What Are People Asking About WW2 Books?
With the dawn of the 2023 year, there is a renewed interest in World War II and all its history. People are asking questions about which books are the best to read to gain real insight into this momentous period of human history. As such, we’ve put together a list of some of the best WW2 books of 2023.
People Are Choosing These Books
The books chosen by people are varied, ranging from fiction to non-fiction, from books on specific battles to books on the whole war effort. Here’s a quick list of some of the most popular WW2 books of 2023.
- The Guns of August – Barbara W. Tuchman
- The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich – William L. Shirer
- A World at Arms – Gerhard L. Weinberg
- Flags of Our Fathers – James Bradley & Ron Powers
- The Longest Day – Cornelius Ryan
- Citizen Soldiers – Stephen E. Ambrose
- Band of Brothers – Stephen E. Ambrose
- The Forgotten Soldier – Guy Sajer
- The Dangerous Sky – James H. Doolittle
- The Longest Winter – Alex Kershaw
There are many related topics that are of interest to those who are looking to learn more about World War II. These include the Holocaust, the war at sea, the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and many more. Here’s a picture of a WW2 battleship to help you visualize the important events of this period of history.
For those who want to delve deeper into the history of World War II, here are some links to helpful online resources.
- History.com – World War II
- Wikipedia – World War II
- U.S. National Archives – World War II Research
- The Atlantic – World War II
World War II was a momentous event in human history and has been the subject of countless books and articles. To gain a deeper understanding of this war, reading the best WW2 books is a great way to go. We hope this list of the best WW2 books of 2023 has been helpful.